Last Update: September 29, 2022
- Carey Rates include several component parts including; chauffeur gratuity, VAT, fuel surcharge and STC*, and are subject to change without notice. Quotes from Carey will be fully inclusive, less any incidental charges not applied at the time, however your invoice will break down all charges in detail.
- Please note, as of 8th April 2019 there will be a compulsory ‘Clean Air Surcharge’ of 7% added to all London based services. This is a government imposed tax for all vehicles entering and crossing the congestion charge zone.
- The rate card detailed on the Careyuk.com website is subject to VAT.
- All ‘As Directed’ services in London will be calculated from a base location at Hyde Park Corner.
- £11.75 (plus VAT) parking fee applies from all UK Airports with the exception of Edinburgh and Glasgow, which will be charged at £6.00 (plus VAT), this will normally be included in your quote.
- ‘Transfer rates’ and ‘Point to Point Rates’ are for direct journeys, waiting time not included
- On site coordinators are available upon request, and are charged at £25.00 per hour exclusive of VAT
- Additional rates for Carey’s global network, which covers over 1,000 cities are available upon request. Account holders may obtain quotes from our web site once logged in.
- All rates subject to change, current rates will be published in full on www.careyuk.com
“Company” means Carey UK Ltd. or any subsidiary or associated company
“Conditions” means to the undertakings, terms, conditions and clauses embodied herein
“Customer” means any person or corporate or other body at whose request or on whose behalf the Company undertakes any business or provides advice, information or services
- The Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the provision of Services by the Company to the Customer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms and conditions the Customer may purport to apply under any purchase order confirmation of order or similar document
- All orders for services shall be deemed to be an offer by the Customer to purchase services pursuant to the Conditions
- Acceptance of the services shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Customers acceptance of the Conditions
- Any variation to these Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Company
- Where a Customer holds a separate contract with Carey England Ltd, the terms of that contract shall take precedence over our standard terms, which are displayed on our web site.
Price and Payment
- All prices are in pounds sterling and exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) at the current rate with the exception of coach and minivan services that are VAT exempt
- Any waiting time will be charged at the standard hourly rate. The Company allows 60 minutes waiting time without charge at airports, and 15 minutes waiting time without charge at all other pick up locations
- A service charge is payable and will be added to the base charge. The service charge is normally 10%
- A surcharge of 25% will be applied for services provided on Bank Holidays, except Christmas Day, New Years Eve after 18:00 and New Years Day when a 100% surcharge will apply
- Payment for account services is due within 30 days of the date on the invoice. All non-account payments are due upon receipt of the service.
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest on invoices overdue for payment at the annual percentage charged by Barclays Bank plc plus 5%. Such interest to be charged monthly and compounded and shall accrue at such rate after as well as before judgment
Auto Liability / Third Party Motor Insurance
- All Carey services will benefit from at least the minimum statutory level of auto liability insurance required within the market in which the service takes place.
- Cancellations for cars and MPV’s is required 4 hours in advance of the pick up time
- Cancellations for coaches and minibuses is required 24 hours in advance of the pick up time
- Cancellation for coaches and specialty vehicles outside of the UK is required 48 hours in advance, unless otherwise stated.
- Services not cancelled in accordance with this contract will be charged at the minimum service rate based on the service request. Services booked as a transfer will be charged the minimum transfer rate. For services booked ‘As Directed’, the minimum hourly rate will be charged which can vary upon destination.
- Customer no shows will be charged the minimum service rate based on the service request
- In the event of any breach of this contract by the Company the remedies of the Customer shall be limited to damages. Under no circumstances shall the liability of the Company exceed the Price of the Services
- This contract is governed by and is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the Company and the Customer submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
- The company accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage or any other items; howsoever such loss or damage may be caused. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this document is correct at the time of going to print, Carey England Ltd regret they cannot accept liability for any errors or changes that may occur after publication
Carey UK Ltd
100 Bridge St
Registered in England: 3087934
Carey England Limited is licensed by the Taxi and Private Hire Directorate – License number 00341
*STC (Surface Transportation Charge) will be charged to all car hire rentals. STC is a surcharge based upon various overhead expenses and is ordinarily calculated as a flat percentage of your base rate charge, and may vary subject to level of usage.